Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Why was I on a stretcher going through the hallway?

Well, after talking to someone and praying I finally decided to start writing about my epilepsy. Staying home from school because I just didn't feel good wasn't normal. If I didn't have a fever then I had to go to school. I was eight years old. All I remember that morning at home was staying in the bed and asking for crackers and something to drink. Next thing, I'm on a stretcher being rushed down a hallway. My grandmother was bending over giving me a kiss while trying to keep up with the others pushing the stretcher. I must have had more than one seizure because after that I woke up in a room with sharp stabs in my lower back.(they were doing spinal taps) A bad situation for them also, because I started fighting the doctors and nurses. My mom stayed with me the whole week that I was there because I didn't want her to leave. She did get to bathe at the hospital. Finally after all of the tests and blood work, the neurologist decided that I had Juvenile Epilepsy. Phenobarbital, a barbiturate, was the medicine that I would take for eight years. This is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment