Wednesday, May 1, 2013

High School Sweet Heart and Auras

   Engaged in High School to a sweet heart.  Unfortunately he would be leaving for Texas after we graduate for the Air Force National Guard.  It seems like everytime I left the hosue I would miss his phone call.  Not long after he came home we got married.
    Ultrasound is a great occupation.  The only downfall is taking call, and no sleep when there is a doctor in the E.R. that orders an ultrasound on everyone.
   This is when my auras began.  A weird, I've done this before, same song, sick feeling started happening.  I was still taking my Tegretol.  Those "feelings" started happening too often that I went to a new neurologist.  The first time I saw him he diagnosed without any tests performed.  He ordered an MRI and he was correct, left mesial temporal sclerosis.  "What?"  That is scar tissue on my temporal lobe caused by a high fever.  My mom said I had a high fever when I was an infant.  Overnight call was not helping my auras, or now we can call them SEIZURES.

No comments:

Post a Comment