Friday, May 3, 2013

Pregnant With Epilepsy

After seeing the new neurologist and him knowing exactly what my diagnosis was, it was time to try new medications. First, increase the doseage of what I'm taking now and see how that does. Next appointment in three months. Surprise for my next appointment. We only increased my medication once because a few weeks before my appointment I found out I was PREGNANT! Pregnant on birth control and epilepsy medication. On top of that my seizures increased to an average of ten a month. Good news, another person wanted to do contract work for the hospital. No overnight call! We moved into my Grandfather's since he moved into a nursing home. This worked great because now I had stopped driving, and my mom worked only a few miles away from me. She gave me a ride to and from work. Side effects of the medicine, thank goodness, were only incresed risk of spina bifida. Doing ultrasound helped alot knowing what to look for in spina bifida while I had my scan. Normal!! Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment