Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pregnant, Working, a Beautiful Daughter

Thank the Lord working wasn't hard for me while I was pregnant. The only problem of course was having 10-12 complex partial petite mal seizures a month. I would not have been able to work if it wasn't for my coworkers. For an example, I never knew until I started going to clinic sites during ultrasound school that we had to help localize areas to biopsy. That means being close to needles! When my seizures got worse, they helped the doctors with anything that dealt with needles. I guess that was good for the patient also.
I worked up to one day before I started having contractions. Everyone was so worried about me having a seizure while in delivery. I wasn't. I knew everything was going to be alright.
Now my husband keeps up to date on everything. He read about cord blood registry. That was 18 years ago. My OB/GYN had never done that before because that procedure was just starting.  So we have cord blood stored.  Now you hear that quite often.
I am not sure if anyone else jokes about this when you do something, excuse me, "dumb".  We say who dropped you on your head when you were a baby?  Knowing that I might have a seizure while carrying Kristina, we found a way for me to carry her so I wouldn't drop her. But someone else did, my mom. Thank goodness she did it while she was sitting down. She's fine. I just say that's funny because my mom is the one who worries most, and she's the one who did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment