Monday, June 3, 2013

THE NEW MEDICINE THEN SURGERY

     Well, I lost the count of how many medications I had tried.  I finally decided SURGERY!!!  Yes, Surgery. Ten to thirteen seizures a month was enough!  Off to Chapel Hill, NC for a second opinion and surgery.  Chapel Hill here we come!
     Back and forth keeping the road hot to Chapel Hill and back home.  One study after another.  Having a video EEG.  Taken off of my medication to view my seizures. I had seven in one day!  They thought it might take a week.  My surgery finally Was SEPTEMBER 11,1997.
     Thank the Lord for my wonderful family.  My in-laws kept my daughter during my recovery.  She would still go to the daycare, they would pick her up then let me see her for a while.  My parents would take care of me while my husband worked.  It was odd during this time that my mom had surgery on her neck and was out of work the same time that I was.  We spent time together while we were out on leave from work.
     We went back to Chapel Hill and I was told to work off of my medication by six weeks.  If I did not have any problems by eight weeks, I had clearance to DRIVE!!!  I had to follow up with my regular neurologist from now on because they released me.  DRIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment