Saturday, August 31, 2013

Echo.. Echo.. Echo.. Echo...and driving wasn't working

     Three years had past after my surgery.  Guess what,  I started having my "sick feeling".  If you haven't read previous blogs, I get an "aura" before I have a seizure.  The kind I have are Complex Petit Mal Seizures.  I stare for 15-30 seconds and sometimes shake my right hand.  The staring time is just long enough to have a wreck.  The "aura" can sometimes last long enough to pull off the side of the road in time not to wreck.  That is still not safe.  That one year of hell that I put everyone through wasn't worth anything.  I didn't even remember my daughter's two year old birthday or Christmas.  
     I think I went through withdrawal.  My seizures were not as bad or as often.  I was just mad.  My husband finally talked me into seeing another neurologist closer to home.  Again, she sent me to another surgeon to have another procedure.  This procedure is where a Vagal Nerve Stimulator or like a pace maker for the brain helps keep extra brain waves cause my seizures.
     Again, guess what.  The surgeon looked at my MRI and CT scan.  The surgeon didn't take everything.  WHAT?? HE DID NOT TAKE EVERYTHING???  I didn't hear anything after that.  I just cried while being mad at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment