Monday, August 12, 2013

Working Those New Hours

  I haven't blogged for awhile.  That sounded funny.

  Working 11:00a - 8:00p, well...I liked sleeping in.  I had more time with my daughter.  She was two years old then.  It was odd picking her up from the hospital's child care that late.  She was the only child there then.  Of course instead of taking a cigarette break when I came to work, they went to lunch!  Why?  I didn't know what was going on in the department when they left.  My luck the ER would go crazy.  After changing my schedule, the supervisor changed the patient appointment time slots.  The time slots for two techs in the morning before me coming in were scheduled one patient per hour.  Now, after they left at 4:00 in the afternoon I had patients every 30 minutes. EXCUSE ME!! ONE ULTRASOUND TECH patients every 30 minutes scheduled, not including ER or inpatients that had to be done that day!  That made me hit the boiling point.
   I don't know if I mentioned after the surgery I called myself "the other Roxanne".  I know I mentioned not remembering Birthdays and Holidays, but I was also a MONSTER!  I don't know if anybody else had that happen to them after brain surgery, but it's awful.  Thank God it only lasted for around a year and a half.  I have a wonderful husband to stay with me and put up with that.
   After working those hours I finally found a position that was closer to home and NO CALL!
Along with no call I will be trained to do echocardiograms!

No comments:

Post a Comment