Wednesday, November 13, 2013

FIRST DAY

     I didn't know what to expect on the first of my new job.  Was the Dr. told about my epilepsy and me not driving?   I was so nervous all I needed today was to have a seizure in front of him.  First thing that morning the doctor was already doing a procedure.   Was that how busy things were going to be?  Nobody was very helpful.  Let's see, where's the ultrasound machine?  I can at least see what kind the office has and where the buttons are.  I don't even have a schedule to know when my first patient is coming.  I guess I have to find my own way around the office.  Someone is going to have to teach me their protocol for ordering studies and computer codes.
     Finally I break the ice.  I have to find out what the schedule is like.  What my password is and which computer will I be working from.  Come to find out, the office manager is on vacation celebrating her honeymoon.  No wonder everyone is sitting around.  Finally the doctor came in and told me about what the schedule would be like.  He also told me that he knew I would not be driving.  He said that he worked things out with the other office that for now.  I would work with him for the whole day while I was being trained to perform the studies to his protocol.  I stayed with him for the rest of the day watching the procedures he performed.  Some of them I wouldn't.  I would just be assisting him.  I knew that this would not be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment